AC Repair in Tucson
The intense heat of a typical Tucson summer means that air conditioning isn’t just an amenity—it’s a necessity. Fortunately, you can reduce the risk of an AC malfunction occurring at an inopportune time by scheduling routine maintenance visits. However, if your system does break down, you can count on the team at American Conditioned Air for fast AC repair, so you can get it up and running again.
What to Check Before Calling an AC Technician
Not all AC problems require professional repairs. In some cases, an AC malfunction might be caused by a simple and easily reversible problem. If tht’s the case, then you can fix it yourself. Here are a few things you might want to check before calling for AC repair:
- Tripped circuit breaker: If your AC isn’t turning on at all, then check the circuit breaker box. You may need to reset a tripped breaker.
- Clogged air filter: Your AC may malfunction because of a clogged air filter. If the filter is dirty, then you can clean it or replace it according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Full condensate pan: Your AC system should have an automatic safety feature that shuts the unit off to prevent water from pooling and damaging your home. Check to see if the condensate pan is full. If it is, then empty it.
If none of those troubleshooting steps fixes the problem, then call American Conditioned Air. A technician will get over to your property as soon as possible to get your AC back up and running again.
Common Reasons for AC Malfunctions
Central AC units are complex appliances. Thus, they have many intricate components. Although the newer units are built to last, they can still malfunction from time to time. These are a few of the reasons why your AC may not be working properly:
- Faulty wiring: Bad wiring can prevent your AC from turning on. In addition, it may repeatedly trip the circuit breaker. Faulty wiring can also be hazardous, as there is a potential risk of electrical fires.
- Low refrigerant: Refrigerant is the chemical that cools the air that is sent out to circulate in your home. In most cases, a low refrigerant level indicates a leak. Before the technician recharges the unit with Freon, they will check for a potential leak in the system.
- Frozen coil: Frozen coils indicate a problem with airflow. If the technician spots a frozen coil, they will then check the air filter and ductwork.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: Sometimes, the problem isn’t with the AC itself. If your thermostat has an issue, then the AC won’t kick on when it should.
These are just a few reasons why you may need AC repair. The technicians at American Conditioned Air can conduct a complete assessment in order to ensure that all of the problems are identified and fixed.
Why Choose American Conditioned Air for AC Repair?
American Conditioned Air has proudly served the Tucson area since 1976. We also pride ourselves on offering the highest level of customer care. When you choose our company for your AC repairs, you will enjoy:
- 24-hour emergency response
- Prompt, personal attention
- NATE-certified technicians who undergo ongoing training
- Flat rate, transparent pricing
Our company is fully licensed, bonded, and insured for your peace of mind.
American Conditioned Air provides 24-hour emergency services for homes and businesses in the Tucson area. If you are in need of service you can always depend on, then it’s time to get in touch with our team. To request an AC repair, you can call our office directly at (520) 623-2430.